We live in a world where we carry our personal world and information in our pockets confined into a small container or a small object known as USB Flash Drives or can say in other words a pen-drive, flash drives and portable HDDs. The dimension of portability got an all new magnanimous meaning in a short name i.e. USB Flash Drives. We all know that with such provisions carrying of data became easy but simultaneously there is also an increase in risk observed. So in this article I present the information through which you can make your data get carried away in a more secure manner.
There are many advantages for the same which you must not oversee:
- It will help you prevent from getting your data stolen and prevents data loss.
- A control on over who is using your device.
- The transparency increases which makes you know who is accessing the things.
- Gets your data encrypted easily making them more secured.
- Provides an eye to look of what data are getting transferred.
- The amount of data getting transferred can be controlled.
Well there are many more coming up for you. Keep reading. 🙂
Top 5 Free Software to Protect Your USB Flash Drives
(1) Encrypt Stick
Encrypt Stick runs on any USB flash drive including older USB 1.0, current USB 2.0 standard, and even upcoming USB 3.0. Performance may vary according to the read and write speed of the flash drive. Encrypt Stick Installs in seconds, and turns your flash drive into your own Digital Privacy Manager (DPM). Take your DPM with you and use it on any PC or Mac anywhere in the world.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
- Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
(3) Rohos Mini Drive
Rohos Mini Drive protect USB flash drive with a password by making hidden and encrypted partition on the USB flash drive memory. If you have many private files on the USB drive and want to keep them in secret, you can protect them by a password and strong encryption with Rohos Mini Drive. Also it offers a portable encryption tool to work with encrypted partition on any PC.
(4) USB Secure
Power Protection for your USB and External Drives!A protection application for all types of portable media including USB flash drives, thumb drives, memory sticks, external drives, and memory cards. Data protection is PC independent and does not require installation and any administrator rights at the other end.With USB Secure, you will never have to worry again about lost or stolen USB/External drives.USB Secure offers multiple protection layers ensuring maximum security of your password-protected data on any portable medium. USB Secure secures your sensitive data against theft, accidental loss, and data leak.USB Secure does not install any kernel or filter drives, taking away the hassle of requiring administrator rights to password protect portable devices.Protecting your sensitive data with USB Secure is a one-click process, requiring no lengthy installations. Access to your protected data on a portable drive is convenient too. You can choose to open and browse your data sets or simply explore as read-only.
USB Flash Security is a application that can provide your USB flash Drives with security and by encrypting them. The user interface of this software includes a conventional window in which you can choose an available USB flash drive and Hit the “Install” button. Then, you can add a security password and additionally a sign. also, you can allow the system to secure [AES256] the “Protected area”. and Remember, when you set up it on your USB Flash Drives, Data and all information will be removed but Don’t worry you are warned by the software), so you have to back-up your data and all information. It provides a easy and efficient Solution when it comes to password-protecting to your USB flash drives.
So, I just want to append my conclusion here that try out these options and you’ll get better results. I would be glad to get your opinions or options for the same.