Recently, ranked at 10th best engineering college IIT Patna is one of the most recently established IIT under the Act of the Indian Parliament, 2008. IIT Patna has ten departments to offer which are Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Humanities & Social Science departments.
Located approximately 40kms from Patna in a small area known as Bihta, IIT Patna has lush green campus with in-house hostel provision and all the best available facilities. The Institute has established modern facilities that are entirely equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities (equipment software and machines) that are regularly used to train and educate students in the following programs:
- Tech in five disciplines: Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- Tech in multi-disciplinary streams with eight specializations:
- Mechatronicsjointly offered by Departments of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering,
- Mathematics & Computingjointly offered by Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science & Engineering,
- Nano Science & Technologyjointly offered by Departments of Physics and Chemistry,
- Computer Science and Engineeringoffered by Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
- Communication System Engineeringoffered by Department of Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineeringoffered by Department of Mechanical Engineering,
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineeringoffered by Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering and
- Materials Science and Engineeringoffered by Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Budding research scholars are can be enrolled in their PhD program of this Institute in all ten (10) departments.
For being a student of IIT Patna the candidate has to crack the JEE advanced paper for under graduate courses. Similarly, for M.Tech the candidate has to crack the GATE paper in order to be a student of this prestigious college.
The student teacher ratio is 11:1 with an availability of 13 courses. The IIT Patna cutoff is different for different years and courses. They also have OBC, SC and ST reservations. The general cut off rank for 4 year B.Tech courses are:
Chemical Engineering: Opening Rank: 5518 Closing Rank: 6558
Civil Engineering: Opening Rank: 3600 Closing Rank: 6137
Computer Science and Engineering: Opening Rank: 1541 Closing Rank: 2774
Electrical Engineering: Opening Rank: 3353 Closing Rank: 4960
Mechanical Engineering: Opening Rank: 4359 Closing Rank: 5350
The fee structure of IIT Patna is as follows:
- Caution Money (One time, refundable) 4,000/-
- One time fees 2,250/-
- Tuition Fee (per semester) 1,00,000/-
- Other fees (per semester) 3,150/-
- Annual fees 600/-
Therefore, the total fee is Rs. 1, 10,000/- and if one is opting for a hostel then addition Rs. 18,400/- is the hostel fee.
However, a 100% waiver of tuition fee is there for SC/ST/PH students. Further there is a full remission of the tuition fee for general and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs. 1 lakh per year or remission of 2/3rd of tuition if earning between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per year.
Computer Science department takes the most number of placements, followed by Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. An average package of Rs. 9.94 lakh per annum is taken by the students of IIT Patna. Some of the top recruiters are:
- Bharat Petroleum
- Indus Valley Partners
- Coupon Dunia
These are all the things you need to know about IIT Patna, their cutoffs, fees structure and many more things, let us know your views on this in comments.