Get Lawyered: Take the CLAT
CLAT or the Common Law Admission Test Exam is one of the most projecting law entrance exams in India. CLAT is actually computer based standardised test and the main purpose of CLAT exam is to allow the candidates for giving entrance to National Law Universities.
The test is taken after the Higher Secondary Examination and after you complete your graduation in Law you can go for Master of Laws (LL.M) which conducted by Law Universities.
This Test was conducted for the first time on 11 May 2008. The test will be conducted for two hours and the test includes objective type questions on Mathematics/Numerical Ability, English with Comprehension, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Logical reasoning.
On 2015 CLAT Exam was conducted by Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMLNUL). And on 2016 CLAT Exam was conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) and it was conducted on May 8, 2016.
Eligibility for CLAT Exam:
Only those who are the citizens of India and NRIs can appear for this CLAT Exam. And the candidates from foreign countries may directly contact with the concerned University for appearing this CLAT exam whether they have sits for foreign candidates or not.
The eligibility for appearing CLAT Exam are as follows:-
For Under Graduate Courses
The candidate must have Higher Secondary Certificate from a recognized Board and he or she must have 45% marks in aggregate and 40% for SC and ST candidates and the students whose results are not announced yet can also appear for this CLAT exam.
For Post Graduate Courses
The candidates must have a degree certificate from LL.B or B.L Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University and he or she must have at least 55% marks in aggregate and 50% for SC and ST candidates. The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through compartment in any subjects are also eligible for appearing this CLAT exam.
Some of the steps for preparing CLAT exam
- First of all, the candidates should go through revisions for the CLAT many time on those topic which he or she has already prepared for. And you should not go through new topic at that time or else you will get confused at the time of examination.
- The candidates should go through different types of mock test as many as you can. And the students should note down the mistakes which he or she is repeatedly doing.
- As this CLAT Exam is an online mode Exam, going through different kind of mock test will improve your skills and will make you easier for scoring good marks in the examination.
- Try to solve previous years question papers because the questions may be repeatedly asked during the examination.
- The candidates should focus on that particular topic which he or she have a strong grasp already.
- The candidates should notice all the current events that are going on and the candidates must read at least three newspapers a day.
- Time management is one of the best important things that a candidate must manage. So, solving different kinds of mock test and previous years question paper will improve your pace.
So now let’s discuss about the exam pattern of CLAT Exam
- English Section
This section is one of the easiest sections and you can score a lot of marks in this section as compared to other sections. The whole English section is divided into four various questions and it also includes one comprehension passage with 10 questions based on it.
- General knowledge Section
This section is based on the Current Affairs and it will include 35 questions and 15 questions will be based on general awareness.
- Legal Aptitude section
In this section 50 questions will be asked regarding the contracts, torts and other type of law questions. But in this section you will find a little bit of tough questions.
- Logical Reasoning:
In this section 25 questions will be of verbal type and 17 questions will be from analytical part. And in this section two options will be given and you need to choose the correct one from those two options.
Some of the books that you can refer for CLAT exams are:
- Word Power Made Easy.
- Objective General English.
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exam 5th
- Manorama Year Book 50th
- Quick Reference General Knowledge.